1 gallon gas tank allows you to go further. 1 Gallon of gasoline is about 4 liters, so if your bike can take 1.4 liter fuel tank (50cc), 1 gallon will get you about 2.2 times further! You should know that 1 gallon might not be enough for a long trip, however with 1 gallon, you won’t need to refuel as often as before. If you are looking for 1 gallon Gas Tank for your motorized bikes, the list below are the top pick:
- [Top 5] Gas Tanks for Motorized Bike
- 1. 1 Gallon Replacement Gas Fuel Petrol Tank For 49cc 60cc 80cc Motorized Bicycle Bike
- 2. 4L Gas Tank with Cap, Black Color, Gas Motorized Bicycle 49cc/66cc/80cc
- 3. Niome 2.5L Fuel Gas Tank with Cap for 80cc 60cc
- 4. Kinbelle 3L Motorized Bicycle Fuel Gas Tank With Cap Fit
- How to Buy 1 gallon gas tank for your Motorized Bikes?
- Key Things To Know About 1 gallon gas tank
[Top 5] Gas Tanks for Motorized Bike
1. 1 Gallon Replacement Gas Fuel Petrol Tank For 49cc 60cc 80cc Motorized Bicycle Bike
- Fitment：For 80cc 66cc 49cc Motorized Bicycle Engine. Just for reference,Pls confirm the product if it matches your car before you purchase.
- Package Include:1 x Petrol Tank,1 x Fuel Tank Cap,1 x Cap Switch 1 x Fuel Tank Cap 1 x Cap Switch
- Externally threaded tank & petcock makes it easier and faster to replace the old petcock.
2. 4L Gas Tank with Cap, Black Color, Gas Motorized Bicycle 49cc/66cc/80cc
- 4L Gas Tank with Cap, Black Color, Gas Motorized Bicycle 49cc/66cc/80cc
- This product Comes with 12months Warranty. Any questions,please contact us firstly !We can help you solve the problem until you are satisfied.
- Petcock excluded
3. Niome 2.5L Fuel Gas Tank with Cap for 80cc 60cc
- Easy reliable installation.
- Fits most motorized kits.Capacity:4L
- Can be used as a stand alone petrol tank for projects.
4. Kinbelle 3L Motorized Bicycle Fuel Gas Tank With Cap Fit
- Material: Metal, Capacity:3L, Fit: 50cc 60cc 70cc 80cc 90cc Motorcycle
- Can be used as a stand alone petrol tank for projects
- Not included Attaches onto the main crossbar frame of the bicycle with a bracket set
How to Buy 1 gallon gas tank for your Motorized Bikes?
You want 1 gallon gas tank for your bike, but are having trouble finding 1 or 1-1/4 gallon tanks. There are several options you can take to buy 1 gallon gas tanks:
Source #1: 1 Gallon Gas Tank for sale on Amazon and eBay
The one gallon gas tanks that are used in motorized bikes usually come with a bike kit when bought online from China or Taiwan. However, since the demand for these 1 gallon gasoline fuel tanks has increased over the last few years, many of them have been sold out and there is a large number of counterfeit 1 galloon liquid fuel tanks by Chinese suppliers flooding the market. These fake 1-gallon containers may look genuine at first glance, but do not be fooled!
These 1-gallon gas tanks made in China are not DOT certified and therefore do not meet any US or European safety requirements for the transport of flammable liquids. Most of these 1-gallon gas tank containers have problems with their O-rings, the 1-gallon gasoline fuel tank cap does not seal properly, leaks from bottom due to bad welding joints at seams, and there is even a risk that when filled with 1 gallon of gasoline it may crack along its side seam.
If you want to buy 1 Gallon Gas Tank , it is important to be aware of the difference between 1 gallon liquid storage fuel tanks which use a standard gasoline (or 1 Gallon Petrol) nozzle vs 1 gallon weed sprayers . 1 gallon gas tank for 1/4 gallon weed sprayer and 1/2 gallon weed sprayer are not the same as 1-gallon gasoline tanks!
The 1 Gallon Petrol dispensing container is usually made of HDPE (high density polyethylene) or PP (polypropylene), whereas the 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 Gallon Weed Sprayers are usually made of LDPE (low density polyethylene). The 1 quart GAS TANKS have a very similar construction to the gasoline tanks, but they usually don’t come with a spout.
It doesn’t matter if you buy one 1-gallon fuel tank from China or Taiwan, because neither will meet all international safety standards. 1 Gallon Gas Tank sold on Amazon and eBay are more than likely counterfeit 1 gallon gasoline fuel tanks .
Source #2: 1 gallon gas tank from Craigslist or local automotive shop
Craigslist is probably the best place to look for 1-gallon gas tank since it’s all over the country. There is a whole bunch of 1 gallon gas tanks out there, but you have to be careful about buying a 1-gallon gasoline fuel tank from craigslist. The 1-gallon liquid storage container should be in good condition with no dents, rust spots or leaks in order to transport flammable liquids safely. Depending on what state you live in, 1 Gallon Petrol can be used a fuel additive/mixer for 1 quart of gasoline and 1 gallon weed sprayer , but it can not be used as a fuel itself.
Source #3: 1 Gallon Petrol from local automotive shop or hardware store
Some 1-gallon gasoline fuel tank retailers sell empty 1-gallon gas tanks, which you can then fill up with 1 Gallon Petrol yourself at a nearby service station . If you are lucky to have a Biodiesel retailer in your area that sells 1 Quart Fuel Tanks , they may also sell 1 gallon gasoline fuel tanks. You should also check with some local diesel shops to see if they offer this service. However, before doing so always make sure that the fuel pump nozzle is compatible with plastic 1 gallon containers by asking the retailer or calling the 1 gallon fuel tank manufacturer. 1 Gallon Liquid Storage Container are mainly made of either HDPE (high density polyethylene) or PP (polypropylene), depending on your 1-gallon gasoline fuel tank application and the country you live in, so always check if the 1 quart nozzle is compatible with 1 gallon gas tanks!
If you buy a 1 gallon empty fuel tank it’s very important to know how much 1 Gallon Petrol it can hold, otherwise, you may end up inhaling dangerous fumes when filling up your 1/2 gallon weed sprayer ! The best way to find out how many gallons 1 Gallon Gas Tank holds is by contacting the retailer.
Key Things To Know About 1 gallon gas tank
1 Gallon Gas Tank Type and Size
There are 3 major types of 1 gallon gas tanks:
– de facto standard 1 gal/4L metal petcock fitting off road bikes; usually made of steel or aluminum alloy; most popular choice in highest quality category; available in polished finish and powder coating colors
– low cost alternative 1 gal saddlebag with 1 gal gas tank inside; comes in 2 variants: 1-piece bag+tank or removable bag+removable tank; 1-piece type is fixed permanently to the bike, while removable type allows you to put the gas tank back into the saddlebag for storage when not needed
1 Gallon Gas Tank Brands and Price
Different brands of 1 gallon gas tanks are available from around $20. 1 Gallon Saddlebag types cost $50-$100, depending on whether it’s 1 piece or removable type and on brand. Aluminum 1 gallon tanks have better price/quality ratio than steel 1 gallon tanks, which tend to be slightly overpriced. Removable 1 gallon gas tanks are most expensive. 1 Gallon gas tanks come in black, grey and silver colors only. 1 Gallon gas tank is not compatible with 1 liter gas tanks, which are made for 50cc scooters. The reason is because 1 gallon 1/4″ steel or aluminum petcock fitting is larger than 1 liter 1/8″ metal fitting, therefore a 1 gallon container will not fit into a 1 liter fuel tank compartment.
1 Gallon Gas Tank Installation Tips
Here’s how to install the 1 gallon gas tank on your motorcycle:
– route the fuel line through any existing hole at back of motorcycle frame where it can be easily connected to petcock; sometimes there’s no hole present on motorcycles older than 1980s, so you’ll have to drill 1/4″ hole and connect fuel line with 1/4″ rubber hose, 1 1/8″ or 1 1/4″ metal tube or 1 1/2″ plastic tubing;
– make sure the gas tank is securely attached to your motorcycle by either of these methods:
1) attach petcock fitting directly to your bike’s frame using 2 bolts and nuts (supply extra washers for a tight fit);
2) make custom mount plate at back of motorcycle frame for mounting 1 gallon gas tank, then bolt it there through existing holes in your motorcycle’s frame;
– route the rubber hose from bottom of gas tank into an existing gas filler neck (use new clamps if needed);
– optionally, drill 1 1/4″ hole into 1 gallon gas tank and attach vacuum or fuel pump inside the tank; 1 gallon gas tanks are usually empty enough to allow installation of small electric motor inside 1 gallon gas tank, which will help you fill up quickly by pressing on a pedal. Use it only for short periods of time though, as it might damage your 1 gallongas`tank over time (especially when in use with 2 stroke oil).
1 Gallon Gas Tank Troubleshooting Tips
– make sure metal petcock has 1/4″ hose connected from bottom; if it doesn’t, you’ll need to replace metal tube between metal petcock and 1/4 inch rubber hose with new steel;
– just like regular 1 liter gas tanks, 1 gallon gas tanks need 1.35 psi of fuel pressure at 1/4″ hose fitting to feed properly; 1 1/4 inch metal tube or 1 1/2″ plastic tubing is what you’ll need for that purpose;
– make sure your 1 gallon petcock has 9 bolts holding it in place and not 8 – use small adjustable wrench to unscrew one bolt a little bit so that there’s a tiny gap between the nut and the bolt head (see figure); it should be enough to prevent 1 gallon petcock from leaking gasoline when turned on fully.
Last update on 2021-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API